What does ANZAC Day mean to you?

ANZAC Day means different things to different people. This could depend on their age, their experiences or their understanding.

Ask your parents and the people closest to you:

What does ANZAC Day mean to you?

Record your findings as a comment on this post.

20 thoughts on “What does ANZAC Day mean to you?

1. My parents say it’s the day we remember the Australian and New Zealand soldiers who have died while making sure we live in a safe country.

2. My parents think that ANZAC day is a day of remembrance. They told me that it’s also mainly about how the ANZAC soldiers fought for our country Australia, and sacrificed their lives so we could live in a safe environment.

3. My mum said ANZAC day is a day to remember the sacrifice of all those soldiers who died during the first World War. She looks forward to the one minute silence, as it is a sign of respect to all those who died.

4. My mum says that ANZAC day is a very special day where we remember the sacrifice of the soldiers who landed at
    Gallipoli.

5. I was speaking to my parents and we agreed that ANZAC Day means a time of remembrance and pride to be Australian. Also to be respectful and grateful that the soldiers fought for the Australia that we know today.

6. Mum and dad said that ANZAC day is a time to remember the soldiers that fought in the war and died for our country. Because of their sacrifices we live in a safe and peaceful country.

7. My mum said ANZAC day means remembering the soldiers that fought in wars to serve our countries and to keep us safe and it also means remembering the day I was born.

8. my mum says that on Anzac day we should remember the people who gave their lives to fight for our country as we know it today

9. I asked my mum and dad what Anzac Day means to them. They said that it remindes them of world war one and of all the Australian soldiers who fought for our country and our freedom. Anzac Day is a day to remember and respect them.

10. hi ANZAC day means alot
    to me and my grandparents because on
    my dads side of the family my great papa was in world war 2 and my dad was in the army so that’s why ANZAC day is so special in my family

ps the ANZAC biscuits from the pack are supper yummy

11. My mum and dad said ANZAC day is a day when we remember and honour the soldiers that left their families to go and fight for their country.

12. My mum said that ANZAC day means remembering the sacrifice and terrible hardship the soldiers and families went through so that it will not happen again.

13. I asked my Mum what Anzac day means to her and she said its a day to remember the soldiers that fought bravely and the sacrifices they made for our country.

14. My dad said that ANZAC day is a day to stop and reflect about the thousands of men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for Australia. It is because of their brave deeds that we live in freedom in the greatest country in the world. ANZAC day is a day to honour those who fell at war and say “Lest we Forget”.

15. My Mum said that ANZAC day is a time when she reflects on the soldiers who have died at war pretecting our country. She is greatful that she has been given the opportunity to raise a family in a safe and peaceful country. This is all thanks to the young soldiers in world war 1 and world war 2 who bravely defended our county and sacrificed their lives, fighting against enemies of Australia. My Mum prayers that her children never be faced with the fear of fighting at war.

16. My dad said ANZAC day means it is a time to remember the sacrifice that our ancetors made so we can live in a peaceful country. That is what ANZAC day means to my dad.

17. ANZAC Day is a time to remember all the men and women who have fought for our country. ANZAC Day also is a day to be thankful for the wonderful country we have been left by our ancestors. As a family we go and watch the ANZAC march in the city.

18. It’s the anniversary of the first World War 1 that was fought by Australians and New Zealand forces.ANZAC-stands for Australian’s New Zealand Army corp Remember the 8,000 Australian’s soldier’s that were killed in Gallipoli during World War 1.

19. My mum says ANZAC Day is a day when you remember the soldiers who have died in war. So we have to always remember that the soldiers sacrifice their lives for our country.
    “Lest We Forget”